Sunday, August 31, 2008

 

Full Blooded

Talk about pausing for breath!

Just finished watching the last 30 minutes of Celtic v Rangers. Never a game for the faint hearted, this encounter had all the ingredients that once made the English game so special.

It was full on. As I said only saw the end but just watching the energy levels had me knackered. No one bottled anything, plenty of yellows, a couple of reds, some terrific goalie blunders and plenty of noise rolling down from the packed stadium...most of it of course from the blue part.

I've not seen any premier league this season so far. Damned if I'm gonna put another dish in my back garden...one more and it will be like a marquee.

But if all games were like this my interest might well be reawakened. Instead of grim teams from grim northern shitpots like Everton, Bolton and Wigan we could have Celtic and Rangers mixing it with Liverpool and Manchester United and be honest. Wigan or Celtic? No brainer innit.

What made the game even more fun was the lack of any commentary. No talking heads spoon feeding me opinions and no daft lummox bemoaning the defending.

The score was 4-1. Of course the defending was crap.

But if, and it's a big if for me these days, football is meant to be entertained then I have just enjoyed 30 minutes of mayhem.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]