Friday, July 31, 2009

 

Bobby Robson RIP

Just found out the man who put Ipswich Town on the map has passed away. Certain sections of the English media showed why they are called gutter press when he was managing England and his own local side Newcastle United hardly treated him fairly but expect gushing tributes from those quarters anyway.

Like I said, for me I will always remember what he did with Ipswich.

I even have my own Bobby Robson story. I saw him once coming out of Arsenal tube station while he was managing England, he was on his way to a game of course. Seemed happy enough talking to the fans, and of course travelling on the underground.

Wonder if Fabio knows where to change to get to Arsenal's new stadium?

RIP Bobby

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]